Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yes, I'm Still Alive...

Has it really been almost a month since my last blog?  Wow, time flies...

Well, no doubt I've been remiss -- both in my blogging and my running.  Moving and starting a new job with a wife and baby is pretty time-consuming!  
In short, all is well.  Pooh and Monkey are both doing wonderfully, and so far we love the VA/DC area -- we've almost completely moved in (only a few boxes to go), and I started work again last week.  Going to be some long hours on this one...they don't mess around in The Big House.  Regardless, we've found a bit of time to do some "touristy" (is that a word?) things:
Better yet, we found a great sandwich shop (called Firehouse Subs), with great sandwiches and brownies...little Monkey was a BIG fan:

Unfortunately, my running has really declined...simply no time...but as we're getting settled, I've gotten the chance to run from work a few times.  It will be outstanding -- excellent running here in DC, and I can't wait to explore a bit more.  Monday starts my training for the Seattle Marathon, so I'll have to increase the mileage in a BIG way.

Last bit of news -- a writer for RaceCenter Northwest magazine actually read my blog, and contacted me about it...they've now written a 2-page article about my running the Seattle Marathon with my buddy JD, and it will appear in next month's issue -- I'll post a link if it's in the online version.  I saw a read-ahead copy of the article yesterday, and I think it turned out pretty good!  Finally, I start chemotherapy round #8 tomorrow, so your thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated, as usual...I'll keep you posted!  

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Nice hearing from you. Pretty cool about the article. Knock out round 8!

jkhenson said...

Glad to hear from you, and that Pooh, Monkey and the new location are good. :)Running is hard to get to; I have older kids and haven't had chemo or moved, and it is still hard to get to!! :) You'll be in my prayers this week!!!

faithrunner said...

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well and that the move went well. Your daughter is beautiful! Hope she enjoys running one day like her daddy. :) I've been in a bit of a running "funk" but need to get out of it if I'm thinking 3:45!! Good luck with the training. God Bless... We are moving to NC tomorrow, I feel your stress!!!

Brooke said...

Good luck with the training & the chemo. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Alili said...

Aww, I'm a fan of the Monkey:) Sounds like you are really getting settled in and doing well-glad to hear! Cool news with the article, I'll keep my eye out.

Adrienne said...

Nice to see a new blog on here ;)
I love the pics...you have such a beautiful family and I can't wait to meet them someday. Washington DC sounds and looks amazing!

FIREHOUSE IS THE BOMB. We love it and were thrilled to find it not long after we moved here. Delish!

Can't wait to see the article. I told you that there is no doubt in my mind your story will touch many...get ready for it!!!

(I love how you go for a "short 5 mile run"....ha ha ha...I am lucky to huff it through 3!!!)

Hang in there...praying for you constantly!

jen said...

Great pictures. You all look very happy in your new home! A good brownie shop sure helps..
Good luck with Round 8, you can do it. I'll be thinking about you!

Can't wait to read the article, what an honor!