Friday, December 12, 2008

Surgery Update #3

Well, I'm back at the hotel now. Unfortunately, without Mike, but he is still doing quite well.

We finally got him into ICU and I was able to spend some "quality" time with him. I'm not sure if there is such a thing as "quality time" when your loved one is in the hospital, but hey, we'll take it! For those of you who know Mike, let's just say he's back...for those of you who don't, I'll explain! He is joking, trying to entertain anyone who steps into his room, smiling and hating his catheter and IV. Although, he did persuade the RN to take the leg compressor things off for at least an hour, so that made him happy. He's asking about his blog, wanting to make sure I've updated it, making sure I've called everyone that I should have (even naming them by name--good sign!), asking for his phone...not a chance in .... he's getting that yet! I know him TOO well for that trick! He said, "it's just incase I need you for something"... ya, right! :)

His vital signs were good, there is a small concern that his respirations aren't staying stable, but the resident on call said that it was because he was a marathoner and since he didn't need to take as deep a breath as most folks the machine was "confused". Okay, for all you medical folks, I know that's not exactly what the MD said, or the correct medical terms, but I think you get the idea. Once, again he's in TOO good of health for the machines. He's had this problem in the past! He is running a slight temp of about 100, but this too is normal for only less than 24hrs after surgery. He is able to bend his legs some to exercise them...he says he's a bit sore and stiff-can you imagine? His main complaint, other than the catheter and IV, is the headache! Oh, I can't imagine how that feels, but the meds are helping, finally, and hopefully he'll be able to rest some tonight.

I think that's about it for now. I'm sure he'll be "itching" to get on the computer tomorrow, so I'll bet you get a post from him soon. (He made me take a picture of him in ICU to post so that everyone would know he REALLY IS OKAY, but I can't figure it out, so it'll have to wait-sorry!)

Thanks again for all your support!
PS...And moments later, I figured it out...here he is!

10 comments:

Lauren Starks said...

Great news. We're continuing to pray for you guys!

Fred said...

We're excited for you. Continuing to pray. He should have been a Marine!!!!!!

Joanna said...

Rock on, Mike! I am elated for you guys and the great responses so soon after surgery! Definitely inspires me to be in better health, too! So, so happy!!!

Alili said...

Good news! Continued thoughts and prayers. :)

Kavlick said...

Mike & Family ~

PLT...may He contine to provide His healing touch and bring you comfort and hope...third time a charm! In thoughs and prayers,

S Kavlick

Adrienne said...

Angie-
Thank you so much for the updates...we have been praying constantly and are praising God right now! Our family will continue to be close in prayer and grateful for wonderful results/continued improvement.

All our best,
Adrienne & Aaron Mahoney

Carrie said...

It's good to see and hear that he's doing well. Thanks for the updates.

Ace said...

Praise the Lord! Continuing in prayer. Thanks for the update.

Cliff said...

great to hear some good news..praise the Lord :)

amy said...

Mike -- way to come back again!! Do you think they can change the head bandage to something that doesn't make you look so much like a terrorist? Kidding brother!! You will out of there in no time friend. Prayers answered again--God bless my friend! Rob